Ruins of Saint Birgitta Monastery
Currently ruined, this monastery was founded in the center of Tallinn in 1407 by the Swedish religious order and got demolished by the troops of Ivan the Terrible in 1577.
The most impressive part of the ruins is the untouched pointed 35-meter facade of the monastery church. Several walls, stairs and basements survived as well as a peasant cemetery.
In the walls of the former church, open-air concerts are held. The most famous event is the Birgitta Music Festival which takes place every summer.
Pirita kloostri VaremedWorking hours
January — March, November:
12:00 — 16:00
April — October:
10:00 — 18:00